HELP US TO HELP YOU
The risk of Coronavirus infection is spreading across the globe, including India. Even as we write this, global media are reporting new confirmed cases. As on date, there are 31 confirmed cases in India.
The Government of India and the State Governments are working together to prevent the spread of Coronavirus infection. All necessary measures are being taken to prevent the spread of this Virus that was first identified in Hubei Province, China, and is spreading from person-to-person.
Universal medical screening of international passengers irrespective of nationality has been mandated since March 4, 2020. Adequate screening measures have been set up at 30 airports as of today. Screening is also being done at seaports and land crossings.
Without your support, all the work will go in vain. Take these simple yet effective measures to reduce the risk of its infection:
1. Say Namaste, avoid shaking hands, hugging, kissing, etc.
2. Maintain a safe distance from everyone, especially those suffering from fever, cold or cough.
3. Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or handkerchief when coughing or sneezing. Dispose the used tissue in a closed bin.
4. Remember to wash your hands frequently using soap and water or use an alcohol-based sanitiser
- after coughing or sneezing
- before and after cooking, and before eating
- after using the washroom
5. Avoid travel, confined and crowded spaces.
6. Coronavirus spreads through contaminated surfaces. Avoid touching surfaces such as desks, door knobs, lift buttons, staircase railings, etc.
7. Don't use saliva to count currency notes or turn pages.
8. If you have cough, fever or difficulty in breathing, consult a doctor immediately.
9. Do not believe in or spread rumours. Pay heed to information from trusted sources (Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India, other central and state government agencies, international organisations such as the World Health Organisations).
10. Follow these accounts on Twitter for regular updates and more information: @ndmaindia, @MoHFW_INDIA
Be Smart. Be Prepared.
1.Comments will be moderated by NDMA'seditorial team. 2.Comments that are abusive, personal, incendiary or irrelevant cannot be published. 3.Please write complete sentences. Do not type comments in all capital letters, or in all lower case letters, or using abbreviated text. (example: u cannot substitute for you, d is not 'the', n is not 'and'). 4.We may remove hyperlinks within comments. 5.Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name, to avoid rejection.