How To: Tips for treatment of a person affected by sunstroke
In a few weeks from now, the scorching sun will descend upon us with all its might. Despite all the precautions, people will be affected - dehydration, exhaustion, stress - a sunstroke. Here's how you can help:
· In order to bring down the temperature use wet cloth / pour water on the victim’s head.
· Give the person ORS (Oral Rehydration Solution) to drink or lemon water/sarbat/torani/lassi or whatever is useful to rehydrate the body.
· Take the person immediately to the nearest health centre.
· If consistently experiencing high body temperature, throbbing headache, dizziness, weakness, nausea or disorientation in the summer, call 108/ambulance.
1. Comments will be moderated by NDMA'seditorial team. 2. Comments that are abusive, personal, incendiary or irrelevant cannot be published. 3. Please write complete sentences. Do not type comments in all capital letters, or in all lower case letters, or using abbreviated text. (example: u cannot substitute for you, d is not 'the', n is not 'and'). 4. We may remove hyperlinks within comments. 5. Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name, to avoid rejection.